APPLICATION OF THIS DISCLAIMER
The content of this Victorian Government website is provided for information purposes only. No claim is made as to the accuracy or currency of the content on this site at any time.
The Victorian Government do not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice) which is provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference. No responsibility is taken for any information or services that may appear on any linked websites.
We make every effort to ensure that links on this site are current. If you find a link that does not work, please notify us by completing our feedback form.
Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
Agency means any agency (including departments) of the Victorian Government.
You and your means the user of getonboard.vic.gov.au
Our, us and we means the State of Victoria.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Please check our website.
- You agree to use vic.gov.auonly for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of getonboard.vic.gov.au any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to getonboard.vic.gov.au
- You must not post or transmit via vic.gov.auany unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
Your use of getonboard.vic.gov.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency; or
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
The getonboard.vic.gov.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on getonboard.vic.gov.au.
- We take reasonable care in linking getonboard.vic.gov.au to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites. Any information on a linked website is provided ‘As Is’.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
- We strive to protect information you provide on getonboard.vic.gov.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that getonboard.vic.gov.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter getonboard.vic.gov.au.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of vic.gov.au, we may sever links to that website or system.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our privacy statement.
- We do not share information about you with other government agencies without your permission unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- is required or authorised by law
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health.
In using the website you agree that:
- Be respectful – rude or aggressive language is not respectful
- Be concise – others are more likely to read a contribution if it is clear and concise
- Stay on topic – please don’t post messages that are unrelated to the First War
- Obtain parent/guardian’s permission if aged 16 or under – consent must be provided before participating or providing personal information
- Submit contributions in English.
You will not:
- Incite Hatred – on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or any other personal characteristic
- Swear or use hate-speech or make obscene or vulgar comments
- Break the law – including libel, promoting or condoning illegal activity and contempt of court, and breaching copyright
- Engage in spamming by adding the same comment to more than one post
- Advertise products or services
- Impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- Invade people’s privacy by posting personal details or contact details relating to others
- Be party-political – this is a government website and party political matters cannot be published.